Tuesday 27 March 2012

FDPH101 Assignment First Light

This is was my final outcome of the first assignment FDPH101 First Light. This assignment involved selecting a still life object to be the subject of our photographs. We were given the option of choosing to either shoot using a Hasselblad or a Mamiya 645 camera, I chose the Hasselblad as I preferred the square format. We started this brief of by experimenting with different lighting set ups to get a clear understanding of what the light will do or represent. The 35mm film Pentax camera originally belonged to my Grandad this is a huge reason why I chose this to be my still life object, for its sentimental value and personal importance to me. Critically evaluating my final outcome I would say it's not that successful, mainly due to struggling to focus the Hasselblad so close to the subject and the exposure which is causing blown out highlights and blocked in shadows. I do however thing the composition of the camera in the frame works well, allowing us to see the strap, distracting us slightly from the out of focus camera.


No comments:

Post a Comment