Tuesday 27 March 2012

FDPH102 Assignment Formal Intervention

This was my final outcome for FDPH102 Formal Intervention. For this assignment it involved selecting a subject matter, such as shadow or a physical object to intervene into our photographs. We had the option of either shooting with a Hasselblad or a Mamiya 645 camera. I chose this clock, so I could experiment with different rural landscapes/areas to place it in, this was to represent how time is running out for us to attempt to sort out the knowing destruction mankind is obliviously doing to our planet. Critically evaluating my final outcome, I think the intervention works well particularly because the eye is firstly drawn into the clock, and then it is taken up through the image by the composition of lines, because of the angle and position of the clock. However I do think the representation of the clock needs to appear bigger in the frame to add more emphasis on the message and meaning behind this image.


Katie Minchin Photography  © All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment