Friday 15 February 2013

Photographer: Ravshaniya Azoulay

Ravshaniya Azoulay

I recently came across this photographer, in photography monthly magazine whose work is absolutely amazing and inspiring. I love this photographer's unique approach to fine art/contemporary photography, particularly because of her prominent use of levitation throughout her work to create ambiguous dreamlike imagery. She leaves meaning out because she prefers to allow the viewers to interpret, letting their imagination build the concept and meaning of these images. I found it interesting that she tries to avoid using artificial lighting, ''stating that natural light is best way to add volume to a photograph'' (quote taken from photography monthly) which I can relate to within my own work - keeping imagery realistic that mirror reality to upmost perfection.



All images: Copyright © Ravshaniya Azoulay 

If you want to see more of her work,  please visit her website:

1 comment: