Saturday 16 March 2013

Experimentation shoot: Fragments with flash sync

Experimentation shoot:
Fragments of the body using artificial light - flash sync

Equipment used:
Elinchrom BX Kit 
Nikon D200
Standard lens and 105mm macro
Tripod
Small Soft Box
Light Meter
Sync lead

This was an experimental shoot, similar to the last two shoots which were exploring flat light and more accessible natural light. However this was using artificial light with flash sync.  I'm not technically brilliant when it comes to studios i always try to avoid them. So i've started experimenting with this equipment to get to grips with flash lighting and lighting ratios to improve my photography skills and to gain confidence with the equipment available to me while i have access. If I don't try it out, i'm never going to learn. For my final major project I want to use natural light but also artificial, to show i've explored experimentation throughout this.

These are just a few images from the shoot: (Will add more once I've finished editing)







All Images
Katie Minchin Photography - All rights reserved



No comments:

Post a Comment