Wednesday 3 April 2013

FMP: Shoot 1: Mollie

FMP: Final Major Project:

During the easter holidays i travelled back home to Bath, taking a lot of kit with me, to ensure I do a few shoots for my final major project over my week stay. As you know i'm focusing on the body as my final major project and the idea was to look at the generations of the body, through time as age begins and slowly takes its course. Instead of photographing the body as whole, I want to photograph it in fragments studying the areas of the body that change dramatically over time that give away the signs of age some of these parts included the flesh, hands, teeth and eyes. The idea is to show the body as a form to celebrate and inform the viewer to appreciate it while we have it and however much you try to slow the process by changing it, distorting to try to hold onto youth; it will still decay and death is inevitable.

This was my first shoot, my sister being the model. I used one key light with a soft box for this shoot as i felt using soft lighting will emphasis the young skin more, its smooth with limited textured.

Shot on 26th March 2013:
Mollie-Ann Marsh
Age: 11
Fragments of the Body: Four images from the shoot.







All Images: 
Katie Minchin © All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment