Wednesday 9 May 2012

Interview with a Practitioner: Lauren Reed

Interview with a Practitioner: 
Lauren Reed

Why Photography?
I always had an interest in Photography. For my work experience at school I managed to get a place at a local wedding photography studio. On my work experience I was taught some basic skills in Photography and loved it. They then offered me a job at the studio and this is where I first started shooting weddings.

What aspects of Photography are you most interested in and why?
Wedding photography, I love to capture emotions as they happen and it is such an honor to be such a big part of someone's special day.

Are there any other aspects of Photography you would like to experiment with in? If so why?
I would love to do a bit in Fashion, it can be a very controlled environment with a lot of artificial light, which is an complete contrast to the way I work. I use natural light wherever I can.

What area do you find most interesting when doing a shoot: Planning, post-production or the final outcome?
Planning - for all weddings I shoot I go to the locations before to find little spots where I would love to shoot the bride and groom. This usually gets me excited about the potential shots I can capture. I look out for interesting textures to use for different backdrops.

What photography format do you prefer working with, film or digital and why?
Digital - purely because I love what you can do in post-production. It does allow so much more possibilities and by making a couple of minor adjustments to an image can completely change the final outcome.

Finally, what advice would you give to someone looking to take a career in Photography?
To work with as many photographers in as many different fields as possible to widen your knowledge and to listen to everyone's opinions. 

Thank you for taking  the time to answer these questions.






Images:
 Lauren Juliette Wedding Photography © All Rights Reserved.

Lauren Reed Blog :


No comments:

Post a Comment