Monday 7 May 2012

Photographer: Sophie Calle

I recently looked at the works of Sophie Calle, as a starting point for my Client Brief (Working within the Community) as I was going to work within Guest Houses. She traveled to venice where she got a temporary job as a chambermaid, this is where her project 'The Hotel' came about, which consisted of her ideas to photograph the hotel's guests' belongings she explored the boundaries of space, this work seems very personal and intimate. Initially I began to be influenced by this and began pondering ideas and I thought I could recreate or portray my own twist of this idea. However I thought this would be a lot more difficult to do as I would have to gain permission from many guests to photograph their belongings, and chances are they wouldn't feel comfortable having their personal and valuable belongings arranged, or ''show cased''
I do find her piece of work on personal belongings extremely interesting, how she documents a person's live, through their belongings giving them a purpose they each present someone's personality, they are definitely an insight into what a particular person is like.




Images:

Sophie Calle © All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment