Saturday 12 May 2012

Working within the Community - Barbican Reach Guest House

Client Assignment - Working within the Community: Dorian House and Barbican Reach

During the 3 week easter period of this project, I went back home to Bath and this is where I started planning what I was going to do - I work at a Guest House when I'm not living in Plymouth so I decided to start shooting there, however it was really casual, as I know the managers really well, I wasn't really getting the full experience of working within a community, using my communication skills to actual clients - people I've never met. After spending 3 weeks at the guest house in Bath, I travelled back to Plymouth and decided to find a Guest House to work with that was more relative to the brief - actually working with Clients. Fortunately I found a small Guest House down on the Barbican, called Barbican Reach, I approached the clients and found that they needed updated photographs for their website, as they had recently had the house redecorated. They allowed me to go around each room and take the time to photograph them in different positions/angles. Their requirements were very minimal, they simply want updated images, so it was easy to understand what they were expecting from my work.

During my few days working with the Clients at the Guest House I found confidence in the communication between me and the clients which I thought I would have difficulty in as I'm quite shy - this outcome will help me go on to gain more confidence in my ability to communicate which in the long run will help me turn into a much more confident person and better yet challenge me to get out there and explore the opportunities that await me.

Here are 7 selected images, one image from each subfolder of each room I photographed during this project, as an example of what the final outcomes I produced look like.

Hallway

Dining Room

Room One

Room Two
Room Three

Room Four

Room 5


Katie Minchin © All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment